23 feb 2023
After working on Project MillMint’s website with Hobart many times before, we decided on Discord to see if we could build a character creator together. It was a fairly tough challenge with many road-blocks and problems, but in the end it came out really cool.
The rendering / exporting was the largest problem. I ran into various cases where the browser would run out of memory, or it would limit canvas memory. In one case we were using the
html-to-canvas library to export the HTML-based character markup to a PNG, only for it to return a PNG where half of the layers were invisible on Safari.
You can try out the project at https://millmint.net/millmint/dolls.
Some of my other work for Millmint can be found on the “other work” page, here